RUSD Kindergarten and Transitions Program Registration
KINDERGARTEN AGE CUT-OFF DATE FOR 2013-14: OCTOBER 1st
TRANSITIONS PROGRAM: Fifth birthday on or between OCTOBER 2nd - DECEMBER 2nd = QUALIFY
Fifth birthday on or between AUGUST 1st - OCTOBER 1st = OPTIONAL
The 2013-2014 school year begins August 14 for all schools in the Redlands School District. Priority Kindergarten and Transitions Program Registrations begin April 1. Schools and their specific enrollment dates are listed below. Registration for all grades, K-12, begins April 29.
Students who reside with their families within School District boundaries may be registered at the Enrollment Center, 7 W. Delaware Avenue, Redlands, between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Please call your school or the Enrollment Center, (909) 307-2470, or visit the District website, www.redlands.k12.ca.us, for more information.
Click HERE for additional information and list of required documents.
Transitions Class Update, February 13, 2013
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PARENTS OF TRANSITIONS PROGRAM STUDENTS
A child qualifies for the Transitions Program at the beginning of the school year if he/she is five years old on or between October 2 through December 2, 2013. The Transitions Program is optional for a child whose fifth birthday is on or between August 1 through October 1, 2013. Please contact the District’s Curriculum and Instruction Department, (909) 307-5300, ext. 20307, or the Enrollment Center, (909) 307-2470, for more information.
April 4, 2013
April 23, 2013
April 11, 2013
April 2, 2013
April 22, 2013
April 16, 2013
April 9, 2013
April 18, 2013
April 8, 2013
April 25, 2013
April 17, 2013
April 3, 2013
April 15, 2013
April 24, 2013
April 1, 2013
April 10, 2013
If you miss the registration date for your child’s school listed above, the following makeup days will also be available:
|April 5th||Any school that enrolled April 1 - April 4|
|April 12th||Any school that enrolled April 1 – April 11|
|April 19th||Any school that enrolled April 1 – April 18|
|April 29th and beyond||All schools and all grades may enroll|
Prior to registeriing your child, we strongly recommend you obtain a enrollment packet, review all requirements, and complete the packet in advance. On February 19th, packets will be available at all school sites and the
. Please bring all required documents with you at time of enrollment. Enrollment Center
- California Education Code (48000) was revised which changes the age requirement for entrance into kindergarten beginning with the 2012-13 school year. A child shall be admitted to kindergarten if he/she will have his/her 5th birthday on or before:
- November 1 of the 2012-13 school year.
- October 1 of the 2013-14 school year.
- September 1 of the 2014-15 school year and each school year thereafter.
Program Information and FAQs:
- Students enrolling for kindergarten and first grade must show proof of a physical exam. A copy of the physical exam is required at the time of registration.
- The exam for kindergarten must be dated no earlier than 6 months prior to the first day of attendance at school and, at the time of the exam the child must be at least 4 years and 3 months old.
- Click HERE for copy of Health Examination form.
- Transitions Program Frequently Asked Questions
- Transitions Program Frequently Asked Questions (Spanish)
- Transitions Program Brochure
- Transitions Program Brochure (Spanish)